As of March 2012, WordPress is on 72.4 M different websites throughout the world, making it the most widely used and popular CMS. By the end of 2011, around 20-25% of all new websites were built using WordPress platform. In 2011, WordPress was responsible for 14.7% of the top 1,000,000 websites in the whole world. So far 98 versions of WordPress have been released. Examples of sites using WordPress include Honda, The NFL, New York Times, Ford, Cnn, Nasa, Tech Crunch. Check out these awesome Facts On WordPress!
- 48% of the top 100 blogs, as ranked by Technorati, use WordPress as their CMS.
- Out of every 100 new domains created in the US, 22 are using WordPress.
- WordPress is the 18th most popular website in UK.
- WordPress receives more than 37 million global searches every month.
- Around 500,000 new posts are made on WordPress in a day.
- Indonesians are maximum users of WordPress. WordPress.com is the 8th most popular site in Indonesia.
- More than 352 million people view more than 2.5 million pages in a month on wordpress.com.
- WordPress.com is run using multisite version and more than 32 million sites work on that one version.
- As on march 2012, more than 826,000 Youtube videos are embedded in wordpress sites.
- Users of WordPress site themes over 225,000 times with over 100 different themes to choose from.
- WordPress has the biggest market share of 53.8% compared to 9.2% of Joomla, 6.7% of Drupal, and 30.3% of others.
- Many social networking and multimedia publishing platforms are tightly integrated with WordPress.
About the author: This post is written by Karl Hunt and he works at CouponAudit as a writer, where thousands of valid and working online coupons are available for different stores. For example you can use iStockphoto promo code etc. to get discount on your order while shopping on that store
- How to Migrate WooCommerce Products to Another Site - 20 April, 2022
- 10 Most Common WordPress SEO Mistakes (And How to Fix Them) - 16 March, 2022
- Edit Images in WordPress: No External Editor - 11 February, 2015