Hey, folks! Happy Friday!
This week’s big news is, of course, the release of WordPress 4.5 “Coleman”. This major release is dedicated and named in the honor of the jazz tenor saxophonist Coleman Hawkins.
This release was led by Mike Schroder, backed up by Adam Silverstein as Release Deputy, Mel Choyce as Release Design Lead, plus 298 other contributors which made it possible to release this version in time.
WordPress 4.5 includes several exciting news and updates such as inline linking, formatting shortcuts, live responsive previews, custom logos, log in by email and much more.
Numerous WordPress blogs (including WP Daily Themes) have reviewed WordPress 4.5 in different ways and I have put together a list with some of the articles below, so make sure to read them in order to get the best possible overview of WordPress 4.5, news and updates.
Let’s have a look at WP Daily Themes Weekly WordPress Roundup #46 and what happened in the WordPress community (in addition to the release of WordPress 4.5) the past week.
WordPress 4.5 “Coleman”
I began the article with WordPress 4.5 was released a few days ago, and if you didn’t know, millions have already downloaded or upgraded their websites. In fact, nearly 3 million, as I write this article. If you want to track how many times the latest WordPress version been downloaded, there is a handy counter that you can check out here.
If you are interested and want to read about the news included in WordPress 4.5, I recommend you take a closer look at what leading and expert blogs (including us too) writing about 4.5.
- WordPress 4.5 “Coleman” Released, Check it Out! – WP Daily Themes
- WordPress 4.5 “Coleman” Released, Introduces Custom Logos, Responsive Previews, Improved Editing Experience – WP Tavern
- WordPress 4.5, “Coleman”, released – Post Status
- What’s New in WordPress 4.5 – WPBeginner
- WordPress 4.5 – Guide to New Features and Updates – WPism
- WordPress 4.5: New Features, Tutorials & Videos – WP Smackdown
- WordPress 4.5 Explained (Features and Screenshots) – Cozmoslabs
- What’s New in WordPress 4.5 – SitePoint
- WordPress 4.5 Coleman Released! – Ahmad Awais
Have you updated to WordPress 4.5 yet? What do you think? Better than WordPress 4.4?
What is a WordPress Framework? Pros & Cons
What is a WordPress Framework? In order to understand a WordPress framework, try thinking of your website’s theme as two separate components that will ultimately work together as one: WordPress Framework and WordPress Child Theme. In short, frameworks lay the groundwork for your theme so that you can focus on designing your one-of-a-kind website rather than programming a functioning one.
In this article, Lindsay Liedke walk you through the pros and cons of using a framework. There are many frameworks to choose from, both free and premium. The article brings up some examples you can use. If you are looking to spruce things up and try a little bit of theme development for a change and are looking to create a really unique website that will stand out in the sea of competition, why not trying a framework and seeing how it works for you.
Welcome to MonsterInsights – New Home of Google Analytics for WordPress
Syed Balkhi has Acquired Google Analytics by Yoast, renamed and rebranded it to MonsterInsights. With over 10 million downloads, Google Analytics for WordPress is the most popular analytics plugin in the WordPress.org plugin directory. Further on you can read, Syed Balkhi explains: As Yoast focuses on expanding their SEO tools and training, they were looking for a new home for this extremely useful plugin. Since analytics is a crucial part of conversion optimization and business growth, it was a perfect fit for our family of products.
From now on users who are updating Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast, will discover a new menu item icon with a green monster, but the plugin will remain the same and should function normally for existing users. Syed Balkhi continues with: Whether you have a simple blog, an agency business, or an online store, we will give you actionable insights that you can use to grow your traffic and conversions. Our goal is to make analytics easy by showing you the stats that matter.
- How to Automagically Create Child Themes in WordPress
- A Beginner’s Guide to Modify WordPress Date and Time Format
- Ultimate Guide on How to Connect AWeber to WordPress
- The Ultimate Guide to WordPress Translation and Localization
- How to add Image Galleries to Your WordPress Using the Photo Gallery plugin
- When and How to Install WordPress in a Subdirectory
- How to Use WP-CLI for Better WordPress Site Management
- How to Use the New WordPress Site Logo Feature [VIDEO]
- A Complete Font Awesome WordPress Guide
- The 6 Best WordPress Image Optimization Plugins Compared
- Understanding WordPress File Permissions
- How to get effective support for your ‘broken’ WordPress plugin
- Supercharge Your WordPress Comments With These 15 Plugins
- 7 Best WordPress CRM Plugins for Your Business
- 11 Best CDN Services for WordPress in 2016
- PE Services: A Multipurpose Theme for the Services You Provide
- CleanTalk Review: A Spam Blocking Plugin with Cloud-Based Firewall
- Simple Cache: A New One-Click Install Caching Plugin for WordPress
- How to Fix Your Website’s Mistakes Using the Mistape Plugin
- Taking Stock With Jason Resnick
- Mendel Kurland Interviews Konstantin Obenland at WordCamp London, 2016
- WP Shrug is officially open for business! +Giveaway
- TemplateMonster Social Stock Giveaway – Win Tesla Model S & 3 Premium Themes
- Awesome Giveaway from Search WP – 5 Single Site Licenses Awaiting You
- WordPress Email Marketing Lists Building That Sells!
- Storytelling and Selling Episode 98 With Chris Lema
- WooConf Recap – learning, developing, selling WordPress eCommerce
- WPWeekly Episode 230 – Interview With Mike Schroder WordPress 4.5 Release Lead
That’s all folks! Yet another awesome week in the awesome WordPress community. I hope you can make use of some the tips in our WordPress weekly recap posts. Please let me know about all WordPress stuff you come across so we can add them to our next roundup. Drive safe and have an amazing weekend!
See you soon.
Latest posts by Peter (see all)
- How To Make Your WordPress Site Load Faster - 2 August, 2016
- Make Quick And Easy CSS Tweaks On Your WordPress Site - 26 July, 2016
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your Site with Contact Form 7 - 24 May, 2016