Weekly WordPress Roundup #34
Recently WordPress 4.4 named “Clifford” was released. This major release was dedicated to the American jazz trumpeter, Clifford Brown.
And as you’ve probably noticed and read from many of the leading WordPress bloggers have the arrival of WordPress 4.4 generally been positive. Among the news that were included in WordPress 4.4, is the new default theme Twenty Sixteen. More news was responsive images, new embeds feature, REST API Infrastructure and much more.
My personal opinion is that WordPress just gets better and better even though there is a lot left to improve for the CMS to become much more user-friendly and easy to use. But I’m convinced we will get there eventually. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
We are approaching the end of 2015 and it has been a fantastic WordPress year. We have seen three major releases of WordPress this year. Lot’s of interesting WordPress themes and plugins have been released and to summarize it all.
It’s been a fun year, especially for us at WP Daily Themes. 2015 has taken us sky-high above our expectations. A big thank you to all our readers and visitors. You guys are awesome.
Let’s take a look at the WordPress news in recent weeks. Plus a lot of other articles, tips, resources, themes and news from the WordPress community.
Here’s WP Daily Themes Weekly WordPress Roundup #34.
WordPress 4.4 “Clifford”
As I mentioned earlier WordPress 4.4 “Clifford” was released with new and updated features which will make it significantly better for us WordPress users to boasting our content. Lindsay Liedtke has gone through what´s new in WordPress 4.4 and please read her article WordPress 4.4 “Clifford” Released, Check it Out!
A lot of other blogs have written about WordPress 4.4 as well, so let’s take a look at what other leading WordPress experts and writers think and feel about this release. Here are some articles covering WordPress 4.4.
- WordPress 4.4, “Clifford”, released
- WordPress 4.4 “Clifford” Featuring Responsive Images, Twenty Sixteen, and More
- WordPress 4.4, ‘CLIFFORD,’ Is Here!
- WordPress 4.4 will revolutionize how we publish
- Welcome WordPress 4.4 “Clifford”
- What’s New in WordPress 4.4
How To Prevent your WordPress Website from Getting Hacked
Regarding WordPress although other CMS and publishing platforms it´s very important to prevent your website from getting hacked. There are content management systems available, but none of them can hold a candle to WordPress. According to the latest data from W3Techs: WordPress now powers 25 percent of the Web. Which are impressive numbers. But back to the question: How can we prevent our WordPress website get hacked?
DART Creations has written a very helpful and useful article – The Essential Checklist to Prevent your WordPress Website from Getting Hacked [17 actions] on how you can harden your WordPress with these WordPress security best practices. Even if you do not follow all the instructions and advice, you should read the article because there are many fairly obvious tips that virtually everyone can use from beginners to more advanced WordPress users.
How to Make a Website The Beginner’s Guide to Get a Small Business Online
To start your website from scratch can be a pretty difficult task and especially time-consuming if you don’t do everything in the right order. What type of website? Which CMS? You need to choose the tool or system that you’ll use to build and manage your website. Which can be complicated?
You should also ask a question: What is the purpose of your website? To establish your online presence? Attract new customers/buyers/fans? Or control your brand’s reputation? Many questions asked and the answers I thought you would enjoy from the awesome guide – How to Make a Website The Beginner’s Guide to Get a Small Business Online from FirstSiteGuide.
This is a brilliant in-depth guide on how to launch your own WP website covering everything from understanding what type of website newbies will want, or the finishing touches that will help them launch their website successfully – no matter what their goals are! Simply a must-read guide.
7 WordPress Maintenance Services to Save You Time
When running a WordPress website, it´s not just to write articles and publish content. There are also a lot of behind-the-scenes work to ensure that everything is working like a well-oiled machine. If you started earning money on your business and everything starts to flow, the last thing you want is your website crashes or get hacked! Do you have daily backups? What security do you have? Did you update your themes and plugins in the recently? It is easy to be wise when things go wrong!
To get some more insight how you can proceed about maintenance and services if you don’t want to do everything yourself Lindsay Liedke have put together a great list of top 7 WordPress Maintenance Services of which you can get all possible assistance when it comes to WordPress Maintenance Services for minimizing disruptions and glitches of your website.
I recommend to take a look at these WordPress maintenance services if you want help so you can continue to just concentrate on your business. Which can save you both time and money in the long run.
- WordPress: How to Create a Theme Option Page Quickly
- A Beginners Guide to Titan Framework: Creating a Theme Customizer Section
- 301 redirects in WordPress – Complete How to Guide
- Increase Your WordPress Site’s Usefulness With Custom Taxonomy
- New Premium WordPress Themes December 2015 Edition
- 10 Simple Tips for Learning CSS for WordPress
- 10 of the Best WooCommerce Extensions to Power Up Your WordPress Website
- How to use AdRotate WordPress Plugin for better conversions
- Get Your Site Moving With 9 of the Best WordPress Migration Plugins
- Free Event Calendar & Editorial Calendar WordPress Plugins You Will Not Regret Installing
- 5 Best WordPress Caching Plugins of 2015
- How to get fast WordPress website – a complete guide [17 actions]
- The Definitive Guide to WordPress Theme Frameworks
- BootFrame WordPress Theme Review: Build Your Way to Success
- Review of Shopkeeper WordPress Theme – Opening your own store is never been easier
- Woffice Theme Review: A Powerful Multipurpose Design
- Crazy Egg Review: More Than A Heatmaps Tool
- Monstroid Theme Review: The Next Big Theme
- Kopa Theme Giveaway – Win 3 Club Membership Plans
- BiShop Theme Review: Gorgeous WooCommerce Theme (Giveaway!)
- State of The Word 2015 Recap
- WordCamp US Interviews
- Dashboard Redesign and PDF plugins on WordPress Plugins A-Z
- WordCamp US 2015 Recap Roundtable
That’s all for now folks. But I hope you continue to send in all conceivable WordPress tips to us so we can add them to our next roundup. Until then. Warm greetings from Thailand. See you soon.
- The benefits of cross browser testing in cloud platform - 12 January, 2021
- Beginner’s Guide to Create a WordPress Staging Site - 6 January, 2021
- Best Drag & Drop WordPress Page Builder: Compared - 5 January, 2021