WordPress is one of the most popular website frameworks in the world, with more than 28% of all websites being powered by WordPress. In addition, YouTube has a whopping 1 billion active users per month and is the second-most visited internet website in the world.
What this means is that if you’re a freelancer who specializes in WordPress and making videos, you could be sitting on a mine. But how do you go about the process of creating tutorial videos that excite your audience? Here’s where this blog comes in. Keep reading and you’ll know how to create tutorial videos for WordPress that not only attract your audience but also convert them into customers.
- Find Your Niche: If you want to make tutorial videos on WordPress, what should your niche be? Who are you going to help? What kinds of questions or problems do they face? How will you resolve their problems in a way that converts them into customers? The best place to look for answers is on the front page of google. Search for words that people search for when they are frustrated. This will give you insights into the problems and questions people have about WordPress and its plugins/themes/services.
- What Makes a Good Tutorial Video? For people to consume your videos and learn from them, your videos have to be easily digestible. The best way to do this is to keep your videos short and sweet using a video maker. Don’t assume that just because you are covering one topic in your video, it will come off as a lecture. When you make tutorial videos, they must help your audience quickly understand the problem they’re facing and give them a clear step-by-step solution. If you keep this in mind while creating tutorials, you will find yourself creating compelling content.
Once you are done with your topic, you need to create a title for your tutorial video. A good title not only tells your audience what you’re going to talk about but also helps them determine if they want to watch the video or not. By doing so, you come off as a professional who is experienced and credible in the field of WordPress and web technology, which will give you more engagement and viewers.
What are the steps to create video tutorials for your WordPress blog?
- Brainstorming is the most important part:
Once you have chosen your topic, it’s time for you to create a title for your tutorial video. A good title not only tells your audience what you’re going to talk about but also helps them determine if they want to watch the video or not. By doing so, you come off as a professional who is experienced and credible in the field of WordPress and web technology, which will give you more engagement and viewers.
Nothing works better than a fresh idea. Set aside 30-45 minutes and brainstorm ideas to create the best video tutorials possible. You will be surprised at how you can create something creative when you put your mind to it. It’s truly amazing what you can come up with.
- Make a storyboard:
Now that you have your idea, it’s time to make a storyboard for your video. The best way to do this is by creating a quick outline of the script and planning out when each step needs to take place in the video. Some of the things that you need to include are:
- The title page – For people to be able to find your video on YouTube, they need a good description of your tutorial/topic in their search results. So as soon as they land on your tutorial page on YouTube, they know what it is about right away.
- Opening music – A song that sets the tone for your video. You can also use a song that you like as a reference. For example, if you are making a video on WordPress, you can use the theme’s theme song or any other catchy and memorable tune to set the mood for your WordPress tutorial.
- End music – The end section of the video should have a snippet of an awesome instrumental track or an inspirational quote from someone who has accomplished great things in life, which will help motivate your audience and cement their attention to the end of your tutorial.
Now that you have a rough outline of the content and video, it’s time to do some research on WordPress themes and their features. This will give you good ideas on how you can demonstrate certain features in your video.
Pick a topic: Now that you have an idea for your video, ask yourself these questions.
- How would you explain the topic to someone who is a beginner?
- What keywords can I use in my tutorials so people can easily find my tutorial when they are searching for it on Google?
- How will I be able to make the tutorial look good and professional?
For this part of the process, you will want to do some research on how people are talking about WordPress themes and plugins on Twitter and Facebook. You can also search for videos related to your topic and see how other tutorials talk about their subject.
The next step is to go ahead and record your screen as it pertains to the topic that you are creating a video tutorial. The most popular place for recording tutorials are on sites like YouTube because they give you exposure for your videos, but there are other places where you can create tutorials as well to help increase your traffic. The best way to make your tutorials more engaging for viewers is to include a bit of humor and personality in your video.
- Start: Perform the preparation process. You must start recording when you are in the stage of planning out the steps and content of your video tutorial. This will help you get used to using a camera and getting used to talking on camera.
- Be Yourself: You should be yourself when you record videos. Don’t try to pretend that you’re someone you’re not. It’s okay to have a little bit of fun. Avoid trying to act cool because it makes you look unprofessional, and no one will take you too seriously.
- Be Enthusiastic: If you are excited about the topic that you are recording a tutorial for, it will come across on camera. This will be beneficial for your tutorial in the long run because it will help keep your viewers engaged as well.
- Stay Focused: When recording, don’t let anything or anyone distract you from doing so. You need to stay focused on achieving your goal of making an awesome video tutorial that helps people solve their problems clearly and concisely.
- Show the Screen: You need to show your users how to set up the WordPress theme or plugin that you are demonstrating. The easiest way to do this is by showing them on your screen.
- Have Fun: This is the most important aspect! Many people take themselves too seriously when creating tutorials, and this is the wrong thing to do because it creates a barrier between you and your viewers and prevents them from wanting to watch more of your content in the future.
This is the most important part of the video creation process because it determines whether your tutorial will be captivating, informative, and entertaining.
- Identify Weak Links: The first thing that you need to do is identify weak links in your video. This can be anything from, a clip of you getting up and leaving when explaining something, to having a boring voice. Now that you have identified these weaknesses in your video, you can cut them immediately using a video maker so they do not appear on your final cut of the tutorial.
- General Editing: From here you can start working on the general editing of your video. This includes changing the order in which you present or explain something to trimming out footage that is not pertinent to presenting your topic.
- Storyboard: This step is similar to the process that you may have gone through while creating a storyboard for your video tutorial, however, this time you will want to use clips from your video and then compile them together into a presentation that is clear and easy for people to understand. You may also try adding voiceovers to your videos using tts voice tools to make your videos more clear and interesting.
- Add Music: Adding music in the right places using an online video maker can make a huge difference in your final product. You should use upbeat music at the beginning of your tutorial and try to add an inspirational song at the end. In addition to that, you can make your tutorial flow better by adding music in between sections or breaks when you are talking about a new topic.
- Add Transitions: Adding transitions in between sections or clips using a video maker will help keep people interested in what they are watching because they know something is going to happen next so they will pay attention.
- Upload: Once you have finished editing your video, you need to make sure that you upload it to the right site. You can create a YouTube account, make a Vimeo account, or use another site that allows you to distribute videos.
Video tutorials are a great way to build your brand and attract new customers to your website. They are also great for increasing the reach of your website, especially if you use them with promotional videos, as they help you get more exposure. If you did all the steps correctly, then you should have a video tutorial up and live on your website that you can use to help people solve their problems easily.
- How Long Should I Keep Working With My SEO Agency? When Is It Time To Let Go? - 2 June, 2023
- Best WooCommerce Affiliate Plugins: Start Earning Now - 17 May, 2023
- Top HIPAA WordPress Hosting - 11 May, 2023